It is now clear to most people that global warming, the challenges of climate change and keeping our ecosystems healthy are becoming massive, global and so complex that it seems overwhelming.
The issue is far too encompassing to leave to some smaller interest groups. Ecological thinking sees complex relationships and interactions among industrial plants, workers, health care, energy, pollution, and economic growth as no less part of the planet’s ecosystem than a forest.
As a consequence, we must develop new technologies, new architectures, new ways of planning our societies and infrastructure.
We have to change attitudes as well. We have to adapt to the world’s ecological limits if we want a sustainable future.
If we want a safe, prosperous, clean and healthy society that can last also for the coming generations, we have to plan and work for it. Now.
On September 25th 2015, countries adopted a set of goals to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all as part of a new sustainable development agenda. Each goal has specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years.
For the goals to be reached, everyone needs to do their part: governments, the private sector, civil society and people like you.
UN Sustainable Development Goals
- National Association for Environmental Management (NAEM) (2016) Planning for a sustainable future (Green business)
- Angrybirds for a better planet
- United World Schools: What are the Sustainable Development Goals?
- Guardian: Sustainable development goals: all you need to know
- Sustainable Development Goals – Knowledge platform
- 7 Easy Things We Can All Do to Reach the Sustainable Development Goals
- Make the SDG’S real
- Choose Humanity: Make the Impossible Choice Possible!
- Oil firms have 10 years to change strategy or face ‘short, brutish end’
- Oil majors told to adapt or die (May 2016)
- Saving our Planet
- Our Fossil-Fuel Economy Destroys the Earth and Exploits Humanity – Here’s the Shift We Need to Be Sustainable
- Noam Chomsky: The Doomsday Clock Is on the Verge of Striking 12 Nuclear Weapons, Climate Change, and the Prospects for Survival
- Can Entrepreneurship Save the Planet?
- 228 Cities Around the World Take the Lead on Climate Action
- Accelerating Toward a Clean Energy Economy (UCS)
- US Carbon Tax “Close To Inevitable,” Conservative Leader Proclaims — Moral Disgrace Of Ignoring Global Warming Too Strong (June 2016)
|Home||Chapter 5||5 Green economy|
|Chapter 6||6 Greener future?|
|6.1 Green technology|
|6.1.3 Renewable energy|
|6.1.4 Energy storage|
|6.2 Ecological footprint|
|6.3 Greener law?|
|6.4 Greener business?|
|6.5 Greener architecture?|
|6.6 Greener tourism|