Welcome to an introductory course in the Greenhouse effect and Climate Change: Science, Scenarios and Possible Impacts.
by Maris Klavins, Janis Zaloksnis, Janis Brizga, Ieva Rucevska , Sven Åke Bjørke and Trista Patterson
This e-book offers easy-read texts, graphics, pictures, quizzes, activities, videos, experiments and links to more extensive readings.
The main chapters of this book are:
- 1 The natural greenhouse effect.
- What may alter it and how it might vary in time?
- 2 The enhanced greenhouse effect
- What is it?
- 3 Impacts
- Signs and consequences
- 4 Ecosystems
- Ecology and ecosystem services
- 5 Green economy
- Can shortsighted thirst for profit be limited by longer term environmental considerations?
- 6 Greener future?
- Do we have a chance?
- 7. Climate changes in Latvia
- What is happening?